Our Volunteer Programs consist of a minimum of 2 weeks of Spanish lessons for beginning students or a minimum of 1 week for intermediate students followed by a minimum of 1 week of volunteer work in Cusco or Manu National Park.
Our volunteer programs include the areas of medical assistance, language and crafts teaching, English teaching, social working, building, conservation, and agriculture.
As with the regular programs, students have the option of staying with a family, at the Student Residence, or at a hotel while taking their Spanish lessons.
A one-time fee of US$100 will be charged for volunteer placement and follow-up during the experience.
|PROGRAM||MINIMUM STAY||COST PER WEEK||INCLUDED|
|VOLUNTEERING IN CUSCO /STAYING AT STUDENT RESIDENCE||1 week||US$ 168||Breakfast included|
|VOLUNTEERING IN CUSCO /STAYING WITH A HOST FAMILY||1 week||US$ 168||3 Meals a day|
|VOLUNTEERING IN CUSCO /STAYING AT A HOTEL||1 week||US$ 210||Meals not Included|
|VOLUNTEERING AT MANU NATIONAL PARK||1 week||US$ 385||3 Meals a day (minimum group of 4)|
Volunteer Placement in the National Park of Manu includes the cost of volunteer placement in Manu, lodging, meals and equipment (books, raincoat, boots, etc), transportation, and a tour to main sights in the area.
All programs include optional outside activities. The frequency and availability of activities depends on the season of the year (climate), and local festivities and holidays.
• Day Trips/Hikes to area historical ruins and religious sites - Huanca, HuchuyQosqo, Pikillacta, Pisac, Sacsayhuaman, Salineras, Tipon
• Weekend Trips - Lares hot springs, Ausangate mountain
• Field Trips - Watias (Incan oven outdoor cooking), Visiting the market
• Visiting Historical Neighborhoods - Cusco Historical District, San Blas Neighborhood
• Religious events & fiestas - Inti Raymi, Corpus Christi, Christmas fairs, etc.
• Visiting Museums & Art Galleries